The Maine Children's Alliance advocates for policies and systems that improve the economic and social well-being of children, youth and families in Maine.
State Policy Advocacy
NEW! Restoring Early Childhood Investments - Important resources to help child advocates talk about Head Start, Child Care Subsidies and Home Visiting:
- Why Head Start?
- MCA's Maine Head Start Report - 2013
- Q&A on Restoring Funds to Head Start, Child Care Subsidies, and Home Visiting
- Maine Head Start Director's Statement on restoring funds
- A Summary of Research on Head Start’s Impact
- Maine Families Home Visiting Fact Sheet
Earned Income Tax Credits
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly knows as food stamps
Temporary Aid to Needy Families