"Giving Maine Kids A Voice"
We believe that all Maine children should have the economic necessities of life; that they should be safe healthy, nurtured emotionally and intellectually by a family and a community; and that they have the opportunity to reach their potential.
The bottom line:
1. Measure everything by how it affects children
2. Children have the right to:
- a safe environment (a family environment to grow up in);
- free and appropriate education; love, respect, and understanding;
- full opportunity for play and recreation;
- health care;
- the opportunity to develop individual abilities, and learn to be useful members of society
3. Create economic policies and programs that consciously and specifically address family needs.